TABLE OF CONTENTS
- General Overview
- The Kidnapping of Boo, by Cliffette
- The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship Restoration
- Kalah and What He Was Promised, by Andyr
- Cat and Mouse: Bodhi Hunts You in Spellhold, by Ghreyfain
- Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
- The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
- Restored Crooked Crane
- Restored Encounters
- Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
- Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
- Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
- Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
- Item Restorations
- Yoshimo's Original Portrait
- Anomen's Original Portrait
- NPC Portrait Restorations
- Corrected BAMs and Scripts
- Corrected Character Names
- Restored Minor Dialogs
- Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider
- Extended Throne of Bhaal Item Descriptions
- Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
- Justifier Kit, by Andyr
- Feralan Kit, by Andyr
- Sarevok's Remorse for Yoshimo and Tamoko, by Sovran and Winterine
- The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok
- Legal Matters
- Version History
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW
Unfinished Business ("UB") is a WeiDU-based mod for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. It is designed to restore many of the cut items, quests, and encounters from the game's final release, as well as try to tie up some of the "loose ends." As usual, UB should be compatible with most other WeiDU-based mods, and should be installed after all official patches and preferably the Baldurdash Fixpack. UB should work with or without the Throne of Bhaal expansion pack.
Listed below is an explanation of some of the mod's components:
A. The Kidnapping of Boo, by Cliffette
Minsc is by far one of the most colorful characters in the game. Many wonder, however, why he is one of the few NPCs who did not receive a quest. The answer--Bioware cut it before release. A shame actually, as his quest was particularly unique--Boo has been kidnapped!!! This particular component has been coded and scripted by Cliffette (using some of David Gaider's original quest dialog), and it is amazing. Minsc has never been so... um... Minsc-y ;). A separate readme has been packaged for this quest.
B. The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship Restoration
Valygar got hit pretty hard when Bioware was forced to scrap many of its ideas. One of the more significant cuts was that of his relationship with Suna Seni. Since there are several Valygar romances in the works, we decided to stick to restoring his past, not his present. Hopefully this component will help give the sullen ranger a bit more personality.
C. Kalah and What He Was Promised, by Andyr
What was promised to Kalah, and who promised it to him? How did he suddenly acquire his powers? This mod small attempts to give a version of the answers. You need to not have done the circus tent quest for this to activate. The original quest proceeds as normal, though when you leave the circus tent afterwards the new section should proceed. It is a short addition, with several possible outcomes depending on your choices.
D. Cat and Mouse: Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold, by Ghreyfain
Presumably in an effort to tone down the difficulty level of BG2, certain components were cut, one in particular being Bodhi's threat to hunt down the player in his/her desperate escape from Spellhold. This component restores her behaviour, and she will appear after a given amount of time, which is set anywhere from several hours to 2 days, depending on difficulty level and player level. Special thanks go out to Ghreyfain for writing and lending us this component.
E. Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
Remember Unger Hilldark, the duergar who gave you the run-around while you were trying to find illithium for the temple? Well, as it turns out, Bioware originally had a different route for the player to take. Enter Gorje Hilldark, Unger's brother, who is trapped--somewhere--and holds the key to your illithium problem. If you thought Korgan was crass, wait until you meet this pair...
F. The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
This component restores a quest that was cut by Bioware prior to the game's release. It offers an alternative method to appeasing Pai'Na, the drow hive master druid found in Bodhi's lair.
G. Restored Crooked Crane
With the exception of the lich-in-the-wall, the Crooked Crane Inn has never been very worthwhile. Bioware seems to have had some plans for the inn, however. The two new gambler characters and a follow-up of the Aulava-Tiiro episode were not implemented due to a scripting mismatch. The inn is now restored to its original conception.
H. Restored Encounters
Originally, there were supposed to be two additional encounters with the warring thief guilds. The first features Shadow Thief Arkanis Gath, and the second delivers an appearance by Bodhi herself. Further research has turned up evidence of two other encounters, as well. One involves some muggers in the Slums, and the other spawns in Shadow Thieves if your reputation gets too low while in the Docks.
This component also restores the two encounters in the game with Hell Hounds. One takes place in the Planar Sphere, and the other near the Cult of the Eyeless.
Finally, this component brings back Greyhand, an enigmatic character with a personal vendetta. CHARNAME is not the only one whose life has been affected by Jon Irenicus; Greyhand wants to take revenge by ensuring that Irenicus' plans will never come to fruition, no matter what that might involve...
I. Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
At some point, Bioware intended for Artemis Entreri to show up in Bodhi's Lair (the Chapter Six fight) if you have asked Drizzt & Co. for assistance. This component restores this scenario. It has now been split into an optional component as some people would prefer Artemis to stay out of the game. Furtheremore, there are other mods that restore this scenario.
J. Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
When you enter Prebek's home (Xzar's laboratory), you are greeted by several goblins. Originally, however, it seems that, as a necromancer, you should be faced with two ghasts and a flesh golem. So be it...
K. Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
This component restores some of the aspects of the final fight with Irenicus that were present in the coding but unassigned. This includes restoring innate abilities to his demon minions, and allowing his mislead image to function correctly. The battle will become slightly harder as a result, but nowhere near the level of the Improved Irenicus component of the Tactics mod. Compatibility with this Tactics component is currently undetermined. Special thanks to
SimDing0 for his contribution of this component.
L. Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
DEPRECATED. BG2Fixpack has a superior version of this, and BG2EE already has this fix by default.
M. Item Restorations
This component will restore several items that never made it into the game. Some you may recognize from Baldur's Gate 1, while others are completely new.
N. Yoshimo's Original Portrait
Sometime during game production, Bioware dropped the original portrait for Yoshimo and developed a new one--the one that ships with the game currently. This component will allow you to give him back his original, pre-release portrait, shown here:
O. Anomen's Original Portrait
Anomen was another NPC who had a portrait alteration prior to the game's release. It has been rumored that this original portrait was changed to make him look a bit older--a bit rougher. The original is below:
P. NPC Portrait Restorations
This component restores the portraits to the various NPCs found throughout the game. Specifically, character portraits have now been restored to Coran, Safana, Faldorn, Garrick, Xzar, Tiax, and Quayle.
Q. Corrected BAMs and scripts
DEPRECATED. BG2Fixpack has a superior version of this, and BG2EE already has these fixes by default.
R. Corrected Character Names
This component restores creature names to various characters scattered across Amn. Specifically, names have been restored for Crazyface, Korgan's old cohort; Derrick, the ranger; Malaaq, the genie; Hendron, Lady Delcia's Guard; Maheer, the Blacksmith; Hannah, the Circus attendant; and Lellyn, Mazzy's fallen compatriot.
S. Restored Minor Dialogs
This component restores some rather minor dialog in the game. Included are the feral halflings in the Planar Sphere and Anomen's commenting on Ajantis' death. And a few other things - a fix meaning Charming Glaicas should always work, being able to give Simyaz back the Silver Sword in the Underdark, and one of Imoen's unassigned scripts.
T. Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider
Quote David Gaider: "These are some extra Bhaalspawn abilities that the player was originally going to develop as he played out the challenges in the pocket plane, but they were cut in favor of the high-level abilities for all classes. There is a different set for good and evil, although many players are going to find that they get a mix of them. Perhaps the only negative is that it may be difficult to figure out what a couple of the powers do, as there is no way to get descriptions for special abilities (These can be found in the readme). For installation and uninstallation instructions view the
U. Extended Throne of Bhaal Item Descriptions
Due to "word count limitations," Bioware was unable to include the complete descriptions for many items that show up in the Throne of Bhaal portion of the game. This component attempts to remedy that oversight.
V. Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
As we work along, we occasionally come across small errors in the Throne of Bhaal portion of the game that we are able to fix. For the moment, they wil be condensed into the component. Presently, the only restoration is an oversight in Sarevok's scripting that prevented him from using a proper soundset.
W. Justifier Kit, by Andyr
The Justifier kit was one of two ranger kits that did not make it to the final release of the game. Thanks to Andyr, this omission has now been remedied.
The description of the Justifier kit is follows:
JUSTIFIER: Some expeditions are so demanding and some foes so dangerous that they require the attention of a highly trained specialist whose combat skills far exceed those of the typical ranger. Enter the Justifier, a master tactician whose military instincts, fighting versatility, and steely nerves places him in the first rank of elite warriors.
For a determined Justifier no job is too difficult, no enemy too formidable. Their proficiency with weapons gives them an edge in combat, though the smaller time devoted to magical training leaves them slightly lacking in that department.
They must be of Lawful Good alignmment.
- +10% to stealth ability
- +1 to speed factor and thac0 per 10 levels
- No access to Charm Animal ability
- Spell casting ability limited to:
Cure Light Wounds and Armour of Faith once each per day from level 8
Luck and Remove Fear once each per day from level 10
Draw Upon Holy Might once per day from level 12
X. Feralan Kit, by Andyr
The second ranger kit that was omitted from the game's release, the Feralan kit can now
be enjoyed by all, thanks to the hard work of Andyr.
The description of the Feralan kit is
FERALAN: What happens to children who wander in the wilderness and are never recovered? Or worse, those who are abandoned there? Many succumb to the dangers of the wild, but a fortunate few are taken in by animals, raised as a part of a lion`s brood, or a wolf`s litter. Cut off from civilization, they gradually take on the characteristics of the creatures who adopted them, forming some kind of unity with the spirit of the wild. In the process they become feralans, beings who combine the savagery of beasts with the intellect of man.
Due to their wild nature, Feralans may not be of Lawful alignment. As Rangers, they are limited to Good alignments.
- +10% to Stealth ability
- Gains +1 AC at first level, and a further bonus of +1 AC per 5 levels
- May go into a Feral Rage once per day per 10 levels. The enraged state lasts for 60 seconds, and grants a bonus of +2 to hit, damage, and AC, and immunity to charm, hold and fear, maze, imprisonment, stun and sleep. He also gains 15 temporary hit points
- May cast Call of the Wild once per day. This summons an animal companion who will fight for the caster for 3 rounds + 1 round/level. More powerful creatures are summoned at higher levels
- Becomes winded after Feral Rage. While he's winded he receives -2 to hit, -2 to damage and a +2 penalty to armor class.
- Limited to one proficiency point in Bastard Sword, Long Sword, Short Sword, Two - Handed Sword, Katana, Scimitar, Halberd, Flail and Crossbow
- May not wear any armour or use Large Shields
- Maximum Charisma is 2 points lower than a standard member of the race
Y. Sarevok's Remorse for Yoshimo and Tamoko, by Sovran and Winterine
David Gaider "would have liked to see Sarevok confronted with the idea that not only was he responsible for Tamoko's death (and delve more into that), but Yoshimo's as well". This component sheds some light on the link between Yoshimo, Tamoko, and Sarevok. In SoA, an extra dialogue between Yoshimo and Charname is added, as well as a small extension to Yoshimo's storyline. In ToB, a dialogue between Charname and Sarevok explores presviously unresolved issues such as Tamoko’s *real* cause of death, which can -- and probably will -- also affect the possibility of Sarevok's redemption. [This is also one facet of the upcoming Sarevok Relationship mod.] If you start a new game in ToB but wish to assume you say the SoA part soon, then using the CLUAConsole to SetGlobal("U!SIlmater","GLOBAL",1) is all that's needed. This component requires ToB.
Z. The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok
Outlined and heavily detailed by David Gaider, this quest is now complete and available in v20 and above. In this adventure, three days after the Planar Prison's quest, Haer'Dalis gets arrested for a murder he has no idea about. It falls to the player to discover the clues leading to the true killer. To solve the murder, you will have to visit Acton Balthis' estate in the Bridge District, Chief Inspector Brega in the Government District, and repeatedly talk to Haer'Dalis in prison. You do not need to start a new game to play this component, however, (SPOILERS) if your party is out of Irenicus' Dungeon already, do not kill Quataris in the Promenade until he signs a confession.
Back to top
- Double-click the UnfinishedBusiness-v20.exe file and install to your main BG2 directory
- Once the install program has finished, it will launce the WeiDU installer program. Simply follow the on-screen
instructions in the new DOS window.
MacOSX Installation Notes
If you have previously installed this mod, you must uninstall it before installing the new version. To install, simply extract the contents of the mod into your BG2 folder. If properly extracted, you should have a "ub" folder, "setup-ub.tp2", "setup-ub", and "setup-ub.command" in your BG2 folder. To install, simply double-click "setup-ub.command" and follow the instructions on screen.
Though this mod is made using the WeiDU standard, and *should* be
compatible with all other WeiDU-based mods, there is always the possibility
for conflicts. We suggest you install this mod AFTER the official
patches and (if not playing BG2EE) BG2 Fixpack.
If you encounter any problems installing the mod, please post the file SETUP-UB.DEBUG and Weidu.log
on the Pocket Plane forums.
Back to top
Uninstalling is simple. Double-click the setup-ub.exe file and enter the
given commands for Uninstallation.
Afterwards, you may delete the following files:
- and the contents of the "ub" subfolder
Back to top
Though we are striving to make Unfinished Business compatible with as many
other mods as possible, there is always a chance that incompatibilities will
arise. Below are the ones discovered thus far:
- As per version 27, BG2Fixpack must be installed on non-EE games prior to installing Unfinished Business. UB no longer contains any fixes of its own and may not work correctly without it!
- Version 24 and prior of Weimer's Ease of Use mod will cause conflicts if you install its Bonus Merchants component *after* installing Unfinished Business
- If you want to use Weimer's Tactics mod (v16 and prior only), be sure to install it *before* Unfinished Business. The City and Wilderness encounters of Tactics will intefere with some of UB's components
- A more detailed list of what is and what is not compatible with Unfinished Business can be seen here.
Back to top
Q: What do I need to use this mod?
A: Unfinished Business will require Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn with the
latest Bioware/Interplay patches. We also strongly encourage the installation
of the Baldurdash Fixpack as well. Please refer to the links page for URLs of
Q: Where did you find the information on these cut quests?
A: Most of our information came from scouring the 'net for any post made by
David Gaider or other members of the Bioware BG2 design team. Some of the
posts were sketchy, and we had to fill in the details, but hopefully our
efforts are not that far off from the vision of the designers. The remainder
of the information came from delving deep in the dialog and script files for
the game. There are many remnants of creatures and conversations that hint at
things that were planned, but never implemented.
Q: Will this mod add new quests to the Throne of Bhaal expansion?
A: Currently, no new content has been added to the Throne of Bhaal (ToB)
portion of the game. There are several quests that were cut from ToB, and
perhaps will be developed for future versions of the mod. Details about ToB
cut components are a bit harder to find, so if you know of any, please post
the details at the forum.
Q: Why did you decide to develop this mod?
A: The inspiration behind this mod's development springs from my borderline
obsessive-compulsive desire for things to be complete... heh. Seriously,
though, I was a bit frustrated after playing the game and seeing so many loose
ends, as well as reading posts from the internet describing things that the
developers had to cut due to time restraint. Coupled with my desire to learn
how to write code, my inspiration turned into action, and the mod was born.
Q: Who is behind Unfinished Business's development?
A: The mod was started by myself, Erik Manning (a.k.a. icelus). Shortly after
my announcement of the mod's entering production, Guillaume LeBlanc (a.k.a.
Barren Fischa) joined the team as the self-proclaimed "Crazed BG2
Reasearcher." Following her desire to write the Minsc quest, Wendy Yung
(a.k.a. Cliffette) also joined the team, adding her formidable conversation
skills. Andyr helped with the Kalah component in an early version and more
recently provided the Feralan and Justifier, and has taken over as project
manager and maintainer. Also of note are the many beta testers and forum
members who have given much inspiration, information, and consideration to
Q: What items have been restored with this mod?
A: There were actually less than we initially believed, but as of the current
release, the restored items are as follows:
- Boots of the West
- Boots of Hastened Departure
- Gloves of Missile Snaring
- Shazzellim, Scimitar +1
- Taragarth, Bastard Sword +1
- Wolfskin Bag
- Websack Wand
- Wraithform spell
In addition, in non-EE games a dummied-out import function has been restored, which will give the player one of the following items in Irenicus' dungeon:
- Varcona, Long Sword +2
- Bala's Axe
- Krotan's Skullcrusher, Mace +2
- Surya's Blade, Halberd +2
BG2EE already has a fancier version of this built in, which can get the player an even greater selection of BG1 items.
Back to top
Not many at the moment... Minsc-specific spoilers are found in the packaged
Q: Why isn't Valygar in his cabin?
A: Valygar will only appear in his cabin if you have followed one of the two paths to find him. Seek out Suna Seni or Llarsh the tax collector.
Q: Where is Unger's lost brother, Gorje, hiding?
A: Lost in Shadow, I'm afraid. Perhaps the Sun will light your way...
Q: No, really... where is Gorje?!?
A: Try the Temple of Amaunator.
Q: Where can I find the Restored Items?
A: We tried to place the items in places that made at least a little sense.
None of them should be too difficult to find. Nevertheless, here is the list:
- Boots of the West: Given to Derrick, the ranger outside Valygar's Cabin
- Boots of Hastened Departure: On the body of Greyhand, *if* the Restored Encounters component is installed
- Gloves of Missile Snaring: On one of the Shadow Thief assassins near the end of Irenicus' dungeon
- Shazzellim, Scimitar +1: In the home of Prebek -a notable Zhent- in the
- Taragarth, Bastard Sword +1: In the ranger cabin in the Umar Hills
- Wolfskin Bag: Given to the Beastmaster of the Copper Coronet
- Websack Wand: Given as an additional reward for helping Pai'Na (and not
by killing her)
- Wraithform spell: In stock at the Pen and Parchment store in the
Back to top
VII. LEGAL MATTERS
Unfinished Business is copyright © 2003, 2004, 2005 by Erik Manning (aka
Icelus), Guillaume Leblanc (aka Barren Fischa), Wendy Yung (aka Cliffette) and Andy Sayer (aka Andyr).
BALDUR'S GATE II: SHADOWS OF AMN, BALDUR'S GATE II: THRONE OF BHAAL: ©
2000, 2001 Bioware Corp. All Rights Reserved.
Unfinished Business is not developed, supported, or endorsed by BioWare or
All images and contents of this mod are copyright BioWare, Interplay/Black
Isle or Wizards of the Coast.
REDISTRIBUTION NOTE: Unfinished Business was created to be freely enjoyed
by all Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn gamers. Unfinished Business, however,
may not be sold, published, compiled or redistributed in any form without the
consent of its authors.
Back to top
Many people are to be thanked for their support of this mod.
First and foremost, we'd like to thank Bioware and Black Isle for supplying
us with such an enjoyble PC game. We would also like to thank the Infinity
Engine community as a whole for their ongoing dedication and support of the
Baldur's Gate series.
On a more personal level, we would like to thank the following individuals
for their assistance with this mod:
- Special thanks goes out to Ghreyfain and Gebhard Blucher for their
lending us the use of their Bodhi Hunt and Gorf the Squisher Fix components, respectively. Thanks also to Sim for lost of small donations and invaluable help bugfixing
- We'd also like to thank David Gaider for giving us permission to include his Restored Bhaalspawn Powers
- NiGHTMARE, Longinus, KL_Poulsen, and many others for their help in uncovering more mysteries for us to solve ;)
- jcompton, japheth, SimDing0, Ghreyfain, Kismet, hlidskialf, Kish, Andyr, Seifer, Grim Squeaker, MaxTeamBG, Idobek, Bons, Rassadihn, CamDawg, devSin, Nythrun, DavidW, Miloch, Ardanis, plainab and many others for their patience and assistance with our technical problems
- Westley Weimer, TeamBG, the DragonLance TC team, Jon Olav
Hauglid, and Dmitry Jemerov for the invaluable tools they have
developed for the modding community
- Karsten Soze for lending us the use of Suna Seni's portrait
- CamDawg, Delvar, Alarielle, rreinier, Cahir, ancalimohtar and QPR for their help in beta testing
- Jason Compton and the Pocket Plane Group for hosting the mod and giving us a forum
- The witty and knowledgeable posters at the Pocket Plane Group, The Gibberlings Three,
and Forgotten Wars Studios for their inspiration
Version 18 was produced by DavidW with heavy input from Nythrun (no new content, but plenty of bugfixes).
Version 20 was produced by Kulyok with heavy input from other members of the community. It includes plenty of bugfixes and a new component, The Murder of Acton Balthis.
Below are links to community-related sites:
Back to top
IX. VERSION HISTORY
Version 0.1 (20 July, 2003) - Initial ALPHA Release
Implemented the Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest and a few minor tweaks
Version 0.5 (19 October, 2003) - Initial BETA Release
Implemented the Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest, Improved
Crooked Crane, the Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship, The Kidnapping of Boo, the
Final Vampire City Encounters, the Unfinished Business Store, and many more
minor tweaks. Thanks go out again to VigaHrolf for his talent of dwarvish
Version 1.0 (15 November, 2003) - Initial Public Release
Fixed many bugs, added many minor tweaks, the addition of the Bodhi Hunt
component (thanks to Ghreyfain of Forgotten Wars), additional City Encounters,
dismantling of the Unfinished Business Store and further de-cheesing
Version 1.1 (22 November, 2003)
Fixed some installation-related bugs, item description errors, invalid item
placements, and problems with the Wraithform scroll. Upgraded install program
to WeiDU version 141
Version 2 (17 January, 2004)
Fixed numerous bugs, including those in the Minsc quest, the Suna Seni
Spellhold cutscene loop, exploitable errors with Gorje Hilldark, and errors
with the Wraithform spell. New features include the Kalah quest and
several small items in the Miscellaneous Tweaks component. The Bodhi
Hunt component has been temporarily removed until its bugs have been
squashed. Upgraded install program to WeiDU version 147. Release
numbering system changed to whole numbers, instead of confusing decimal/letter
Version 3 (17 January, 2004)
Fixed an error in the Gorje/Illithium dialog file. Argh. (Thanks, Grim
Squeaker!). Also separated the Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair scenario into a new component
Version 4 (19 January, 2004)
Fixed an error in the German translation, the Kalah genie dialog, and journal entries in the Gorje quest
Version 5 (8 February, 2004)
Fixed an error in Suna Seni's dialog that prevented the Umar Hills from being shown on the world map, altered the Kalah component to include Quest Journal entries, overhauled the Restored Copper Coronet component, and included further developments with the German and Polish translations. Upgraded install program to WeiDU version 148.
Version 6 (21 March, 2004)
- Thanks to the efforts of SimDing0 and Ghreyfain, the BodhiHunt component has returned
- Courtesy of David Gaider, the Bhaalspawn Powers component has been included (ToB only)
- SimDing0's Restored Hell Minions component, which should correct the final battle with restored scripts, creatures, and animations
- The Greyhand Encounter
- A minor dialog restorations involving Squire Cathras
- The restoration of several more names for generic characters
- The Miscellaneous Tweaks component has been broken down into several smaller components
- Added a new option for low INT/WIS players to summon the wrong Imoen instead of the wish just failing (Kalah component)
- Reputation is now increased if you free the Djinni or raise Kalah successfully
- Valygar's cabin will now be accessible at all times, but he will only appear if you have been given the quest to find him
- Suna Seni will no longer flee back to Athkatla only to be killed by rakshasas--her fate has been rewritten
- Cleaned up a few grammatical errors, and reworded a few lines
- Upgraded installation program to WeiDU 153
- Graphic corrections made to Kalah's genie lamp (thanks, Rassadihn!)
- Fixed a few lines that had not been traified
- Corrected the Boots of the West to be sellable and display the disease immunity icon
- Fixed an error that would cause the darkened Temple Ruins map to appear after the defeat of the Shade Lord when given the Illithium Quest
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Planar Sphere's feral halflings from speaking their lines
- Fixed a bug that kept an Illithium Quest journal entry from being erased
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to attack and kill Bodhi in the Restored City Encounters component
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player to get the correct dialog from Lonk the Sane and free the inmates
- Fixed a bug with Aerie's interjection of Saemon's speech in Spellhold that would break the dialog
- Fixed a bug that prevented both Cowled Wizards from disappearing in the Minsc quest
- Fixed a bug in Valygar's dialog that, when force-talked, returned an invalid reply
- Fixed a bug in Gorje Hilldark's dialog that brought up an odd reference to a "drow pet" even if Viconia is not in the party
Version 7 (11 April, 2004)
- Massive overhaul of the .tp2 file (Thanks, CamDawg and Idobek!)
- Recoded a bit of the Crooked Crane component to ensure that the timer
- Added a bit of clarification to the Kalah quest journal entry
- Changed coding so that familiars in ToB are also affected by the BAM
- Upgraded installation program to WeiDU 154
- Extensive recoding of the Bodhi Hunt component to fix any remaining bugs
- Fixed a bug that prevented Saemon from teleporting the party outside of
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to acquire two copies of the Arbane
Version 8 (7 May, 2004)
- Added Gebhard Blucher's "Gorf the Squisher" fix
- Added an option to restore Yoshimo's original portrait
- Added a complete Spanish translation (thanks to Clan DLAN)
- Added a small fix to Squire Cathras' dialog so that he properly resonds after defeating Bodhi (thanks, Caedwyr)
- Added "null files" so that other mods can detect if individual UB components are installed
- Developed a (hopefully) Mac-compatible version of the mod (thanks, CamDawg)
- German translation is now complete
- Polish translation is on hold until the new lines have been translated
- Suna Seni's first encounter with Valygar has been moved from the Planar Sphere to the Docks
- Suna Seni will now move toward Valygar before her speech in Spellhold
- Upgraded installation program to WeiDU 155
- Added a command to append files in SoA to recognize ToB actions
- Fixed a bug that prevented a Kalah quest journal entry from being deleted
- Fixed a bug that caused the Websack wand to be resold by merchants with a single charge
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Gorje Hilldark from spawning, as well as errors in his dialog file
Version 9 (12 May, 2004)
- Added an option to restore Anomen's original portrait
- Fixed major errors in the German and Spanish translations. Sorry!
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Artemis Entreri component from being installed on some systems
Version 10 (13 June, 2004)
- Added the Feralan and Justifier ranger kits (thanks, Andyr!)
- Added the Extended Throne of Bhaal Item Descriptions (thanks, NiGHTMARE!)
- Added Sarevok's soundset correction to the ToB Minor Restorations
component (thanks, Idobek!)
- Added the Edwin/Valygar conflict
- Changed Alafelo De Benito's class
- Restored Nilthiri's "disease"
- Restored a line in Jaheira's dialog concerning Khalid's death
- Removed the Gauntlets of Missile Snaring from Anishai
- Moved Gorje Hilldark... again
- Changed Corrected BAMs to Corrected BAMs and Scripts
- Combined the City Encounters, Hell Hound Encounters, and the Greyhand
Encounter into one component
- Added dialog to Jeagger and Hurg if you speak to them before being given
- Fixed a Bioware typo in Pai'Na's dialog
- Fixed a Bioware typo in Greyhand's dialog
- Fixed a bug in the Minsc component concerning the loadhint.2da file
- Fixed a bug in the Minsc component that would cause the random
Version 11 (6 August, 2004)
- Added a Czech translations (thanks, yenn!)
- Updated German translation (thanks, Caswallon!)
- Updated WeiDU to version 157
Version 12 (7 August, 2004)
- Streamlined triggers for altered in-game interjects (Minsc quest). Added extra interject that was missed before (thanks to Yuri)
- Changed Eleanya fight-scene so that final fight is more streamlined and you can't break the quest quite so easily
- You can now reject the cowled wizards' reward (suggested by Imrahil and Jester)
- Removed Mac-unfriendly backslashes (thanks Idobek)
- Eleanya's reward score tweaked to work better though it still seems to be a little random
- Minsc quest readme is also now less annoying though more spoilerish
- Fixed incorrect Edwina dialogue trigger (thanks to Noelani)
- Fixed area triggers (thanks kopywrite and Iapetus)
- Minsc's soundset is now reinstated if you got Boo back by killing the guards (thanks Trefor)
- Fixed bug where cowled wizards don't actually give you gold in your reward (thanks to Bookwyrme)
- Corneil's dialog now reflects the cowled enforcers' 'chat'
- You now won't be stuck in Smethy's store if you choose to fool Minsc with a fake Boo
Version 13 (9 October, 2004)
- Added Imoen's unimplemented post-Spellhold biography (Thanks, bibbi!)
- Assigned Amalas his correct script (Thanks, Rastor!)
- Fixed an error in AR0332 that prevented the Guard Captain from appearing (Thanks, Cliffette!)
- Added Boots of Hastened Departure to Greyhand (Thanks, Andyr!)
- New ToB descriptions for Carsomyr and Flail of Ages (Thanks, daggerless!)
- Moved Arbane's Sword from Suna Seni to Eldarin and removed its +3 upgrade
- Adjusted the price for the Websack wand (Thanks, Silfairë!)
- Moved Taragarth from Greyhand to Suna Seni
- Changed Greyhand from a generic fighter to a cleric
- Upgraded Weidu to 163
- Fixed a typo that prevented the Restored Minor Dialogs component from installing
- Disabled dual-classing for the justifier kit
- Fixed the Wolfskin Bag so that it can be sold to merchants (Thanks, Da_venom!)
- Fixed a bug that caused the Websack Wand to only have 1 charge when purchased from a merchant (Thanks, Silfairë!)
- Fixed a few readme errors (Thanks, Slumlord and Smoketest!)
- Fixed a typo in Minsc's interjections (Thanks, Slumlord!)
Version 14 (17 April, 2005)
- Added a Russian translation (Thanks, alex from aerie.ru!).
- Added a French translation (Thanks, graoumf, Mornagest, Daneghar, Severus, Malinconia, DarkWintermoon, Mérillym Martial, Barren, Euler, Elissa Keens, Mathrim Cauthon and Isaya!).
- Restored the ability to give the Silver Sword back to Simyaz in the Underdark.
- Restored IMOEN213's missing script assignment.
- Restored Olive Jellies to Ust Natha (Encounters component) - thanks, Sim!
- Restored Quiver of Plenty icons (ToB restorations component) - thanks, Sim!
- Restored some missing Count Claylan/Alicia dialogues (Minor dialogues component) - thanks, Sim!
- Restored the Cold Mistress in Saradush encounter (ToB restorations component) - thanks, Sim!
- Added the Sarevok's Remorse of Tamoko and Yoshimo component - thanks a lot, Sovran and Winterine!
- Updated WeiDU to 176
- CamDawg kindly recoded the ReadMe to be xhtml compliant - cheers. :D
- Recoded item patching for the Feralan to comply with newer WeiDU's ALLOW_MISSING behaviour.
- Put the Wraithform scroll in better place in the Pen and Parchment store rather than top of the stack (by stealing code from CamDawg - thanks!).
- Changed the way we check for ToB files to be friendlier with those using "cloned" installs with only 1 copy of .BIFs.
- Updated the Spanish translation - thanks to Miguel Bernal and Ana aka Immortality of Clan DLAN.
- Changed Gorje Hilldark's location at the request of some people. Blame SixofSpades for giving me the new coordinates, x = 1197, y = 1917.
- Altered some of Gorje's lines; thanks, Diana!
- Tweaked the Suna Seni dialogue (a RevealArea command is now before EscapeArea; so looks neater ingame but not technically a bugfix).
- Increased the reward for freeing the Kalah genie to 5,000 XP and +1 reputation instead of 1,000 XP and +1 reputation. At the request of a few people.
- Changed the way Elhan's Harper-slaying scimitar was removed as it didn't work for some users. Thanks, Sim.
- Fixed BioWare typo in the dialogue used for the Pai'Na quest ("here" for "hear").
- Fixed an incorrect item reference on Gorje Hilldark. Thanks, Sim.
- Improved the coding of the Xzar's Creations component and fixed a possible bug involving the golem. Thanks, Sim.
- Changed the Feralan kit stat minima to match the Ranger base class.
- Changed the Justifier kit stat minima to match the Ranger base class.
- Fixed a game bug whereby charming Glaicas didn't always work.
Version 15 (7 May, 2006)
- Added a Chinese translation, thanks to Scar_kun.
- Added a few missing sound file references to various SoA strings.
- Made Wallag's corpse permanent, making his items available (thanks CamDawg and Fixpackers!)
- Updated WeiDU to 192
- Dropped the value of the Web Sack (to 1,500gp).
- Updated FW links in the ReadMe to SHS.
- Kalah's Lamp graphic replaced with a new, slightly smoother one (thanks, Sloth)..
- Updated the Spanish translation (thanks Immortality and Saemon of Clan DLAN).
- Updated the Polish translation (thanks Yarpen).
- General update to Minsc's quest.
- Fixed a few typos which meant the player's name appeared as Charname instead of their actual name in some dialogues with Sarevok.
- Fixed a BioWare typo in Imoen's post-Spellhold biography.
- Fixed a bug related to charming Glaicas in Nalia's family Keep.
- Fixed a bug in the French translation of the Minsc component.
- Fixed a bug preventing non-ToB owners from installing the Minor Dialogue Restorations component.
Version 16 (21 January, 2008)
- Updated WeiDU to 203
- Updated the Spanish translation (Clan DLAN).
Version 17 (4 August, 2008)
- Updated WeiDU to 206
- Updated the French translation.
- Someone please come take over the maintenance of this mod. I beg of you. -JC
Version 18 (31 January, 2009)
- Revert Crooked Crane script to its old illogical name, for compatibility-friendliness.
- More systematic awareness of the BG2Fixpack: components that overlap with the Fixpack are not installed if the Fixpack is present.
- "Readme" and "Version" flags added to TP2.
- By popular demand (and using Andyr's online comment to justify it), the excursion to the Troll Mound is removed from the Kidnapping of Boo,
and we revert to the old version.
- Restored Minor Dialogues now uses strings already in the dialog.tlk wherever possible, which should help for translation.
- Added Italian translation by Giuseppe Cali.
- Updated WeiDU to 210.
- Well, since you ask so nicely... -DW
- Systematic TP2 cleanup, courtesy of Nythrun.
- Arbane's Sword is now given to Eldarin in the "Suna Seni" component, not the "Item restoration" component - this prevents situations where
there are two copies of it.
- Minsc can no longer get multiple THAC0 bonuses when he gets Boo back.
- SimDing0's "restored hell minions" no longer turns the Balors into Pit Fiends. This was breaking compatibility with lots of mods that enforce
Blood War tanarri-baatezu conflicts, including some of Sim's own. (This is purely cosmetic: all that's changed is name, animation and alignment.)
- [The infamous "unkillable trolls" bug is fixed by default by the reversion of the Kidnapping quest to its old form]
Version 19 (4 May, 2010)
- Changes to Russian translation by Prowler.
Version 20 (6 September, 2013)
- New quest for Haer'Dalis: The Murder of Acton Balthis, by Kulyok
- Fixed the installation for the Polish users and updated the Polish translation. Huge thanks to the translators!
- Updated the German translation, thanks to Leonardo Watson's German Textpack. Huge thanks to the translators!
- Installed the fixes from the Big World Fixpack, including the script installation warnings.
- Fixed the .cre files with Miloch's crefixer(no area crashes).
- Corrected a number of typos, thanks to hook71, QPR and Almateria.
- Fixed a number of issues with Boo's quest, including the thugs in Sea's Bounty, duplicating bags, Minsc's leaving dialogue, XP for fighting Eleanya, unremovable Boo's Scraps, an amount of money from the Cowled Wizards, Delon's immediate dialogue upon transition to the Government District, "Oops wrong spell" line, Minsc's 'tired' line in the restored soundset and the Cowled Wizard initiating dialogue.
- Ensured that Kalah's quest starts correctly, Aerie's interjections work well, Jafir always talks at low health, journal entries erase correctly and there's no inventory overflow.
- Bodhi leaves her encounter in Athkatla correctly if attacked and doesn't just stand around, the Shadow Thieves and vampires initiate dialogue and become enemies correctly, and vampires no longer randomly run away from their enemies.
- Bodhi attacks during the first "Cat and Mouse" attack in Spellhold instead of standing around and having "nothing to say to you".
- The reputation encounter with the thieves is restricted to the Docks district and does not interfere with the paladins of the Radiant Heart.
- Nilthiri should die correctly when brought to low health.
- Used Avenger's code for RR and Fixpack compatibility.
- Gorje's diary entries are deleted correctly. The issues with "Unger Hilldark has nothing to say to you" have been fixed.
- Suna Seni should not be hostile at the Docks encounter or be present at the first random encounter.
- Added UB's Yoshimo's Heart dialogue for the Fixpack's Ilmater priest in the Promenade and adjusted it for the priest's gender.
- Changed the names of the components into English in Russian translation because of MS-DOS/Win 7 encoding issues.
- Added the cold mistress' encounter to .tra file for translation.
- Corrected Maheer's name.
- Added CamDawg's CD_STATE_NOTVALID whenever possible.
- Minor corrections.
- Updated WeiDU to 231.
- Thanks to numerous community members who provided bug and typo reports, code snippets and encouragement. Special thanks to QPR for the invaluable help in testing.
Version 21 (13 September, 2013)
- Added a Russian translation for the Murder of Acton Balthis.
- Corrected a few more typos, thanks to hook71.
- Replaced Smethy's LOW animation for better compatibility with other mods, thanks to Wisp.
Version 22 (30 September, 2013)
- Fixed a reputation drop for the murder of Quataris' guards in the Murder of Acton Balthis.
- Bodhi will no longer spawn in places where the party cannot go(like inside the Statue of Riddles) during Bodhi's Hunt.
- A probable compatibility issue with BG1 NPC and Bodhi's Hunt(Bodhi spawning again and again) has been averted.
Version 23 (15 November, 2013)
- Full BG2:EE compatibility for nearly all components. Kit components and Yoshimo's alternate portrait will be unavailable for BG2:EE for the time being.
Version 24 (22 January, 2014)
- Fixed "NPC Portrait Restorations" installation for BG2:EE.
- Fixed Anomen's portrait installation for BG2:EE.
- Added Yoshimo's portrait installation for BG2:EE, thanks to Cahir.
- Added extra safeguards preventing non-killable Nilthiri.
- Billy now spawns in the Docks only after Boo has been kidnapped from Minsc.
- Added a French translation for BG2EE in UTF-8 encoding and an updated French translation(including the Murder of Acton Balthis component) by Mornagest
- Added a Polish translation for BG2EE in UTF-8 encoding and an updated Polish translation(including the Murder of Acton Balthis component) by Cahir
Version 25 (3 October, 2014)
- You can now install UB for BG:EE in multiple languages! Thanks to Wisp, Isaya, and HANDLE_CHARSETS.
- BG:EE style item descriptions are finally added. Thanks to Isaya for pointing this out!
- A new Minsc's portrait without Boo for BG2:EE, thanks to Isandir.
- Updated Italian translation, thanks to Ilot.
- Updated Polish translation, thanks to Cahir.
- Fixed the issue when Minsc's script wasn't updated after he receied the ultimate reward for returning Boo. Now Minsc gets his script and his soundset back. Thanks to Chuta for pointing out the solution.
- Duplicated Haer'Dalis' quest dialogue in HAERDAP file. The issues with him switching to the regular "go to the playhouse" dialogue should disappear.
- Fixed the dialogue trigger for the night robbers in the Slums, thanks to micbaldur and Lollorian.
- The player can now get Yoshimo's things correctly, thanks to Almateria.
- Eleanya's gender is now female.
Version 26 (11 September, 2016)
- Updated WeiDU to version 239.
- Complete code overhaul by Angel, using new WeiDU features.
- Added several fixes from the Big World Project.
Version 27 (31 August, 2018)
- Updated WeiDU to version 246.
- Externalized components for easier maintenance
- Added EET compatibility fixes from the Big World Project.
- Item Restorations will now restore Irenicus' Third Journal, the Gloves of Missile Snaring, and Taragarth +1, but will no longer put Bala's Axe in the Planar Sphere.
- Item Restorations will now restore a dummied out item import from BG1 in non-EE games. This makes Varscona +2, Bala's Axe, Krotan's Skullcrusher +2 or Surya's Blade +2 available in Irenicus' dungeon. (EE already has this.)
- Updated Polish translation, thanks to Big World Project.
- Deprecated "Gorf the Squisher Fix" component.
- Deprecated "Corrected BAMs and Scripts" component.
- Extended Illithium quest will no longer enable the PC to go to the Temple Ruins before having been to Imnesvale.
- PC will no longer be able to ask Paina about Bodhi if they are still in chapter 2 and likely haven't heard of her yet.
- Artemis Entreri and Drizzt will now have a short banter before their encounter in Bodhi's lair.
- Restored Minor Dialogs will now restore several (voiced!) banters uncovered during work on BG2EE, thanks to Calawen with some minor help from CamDawg.
Version 28 (3 January, 2021)
- Updated WeiDU to version 247.
- Updated French translation, thanks to Jazira.
- Updated Russian translation, by yota13 & Arcanecoast Team.
- The Jade Hound Figurine from Minsc's quest has a charge when you get it.
- UB will no longer restore Shazzellim +1 if QuestPack has already done so.
- Added content compatibility with Imoen 4 Ever mod.
- Added file ub.ini with mod metadata.
- Implemented encapsulation and immutabilty.
- Added conditions to ensure components only get installed on compatible games.
- The restored ranger kits are now compatible with EE games.
- Fix Yoshimo's original portrait not being displayed.
Back to top