BG1 Unfinished Business
A mod for BG1, BG1-TotSC, Tutu, BGT, BGEE, and EET
Developed by: icelus, devSin, SimDing0, Idobek, Ascension64, CamDawg, SixOfSpades, and Dudley
Current Maintainer: AstroBryGuy, jastey
BG1UB Support Forum: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/board,79.0.html
BG1UB Homepage: http://www.pocketplane.net/bg1ub
BG1 Unfinished Business ("BG1UB") is a mod designed to restore many of the cut items, quests, and encounters from the original Baldur's Gate game's final release, as well as try to tie up some of the "loose ends." As usual, BG1UB should be compatible with most other WeiDU-based mods, and should be installed after either conversion. BG1UB is compatible with Baldur's Gate 1 (with or without Tales of the Sword Coast), Tutu, BGT, and Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
For version 13+ no additional audio pack is needed. Do not install the separate German, French or Spanish audio packs of earlier releases!
If you encounter any problems installing the mod, please post the contents of the file SETUP-bg1ub.DEBUG at the BG1UB support forum.
Special Note for Siege of Dragonspear from Steam/GOG
Good Old Games (GOG) and Steam both package the additional content for Siege of Dragonspear in a method that WeiDU, the tool used to install this mod, cannot access. You must install a mod called DLC Merger on your SoD installation before you can install this or any other WeiDU-based mod.
If the mod was previously installed, uninstall it before extracting the new version. BG1UB is packaged and installed with WeiDU. To install, extract the mod archive, then copy of the contents of the archive into your game folder (the folder which contains the chitin.key file). If properly extracted, you should have a "bg1ub" folder and setup-bg1ub.exe in your game folder. To install, simply double-click setup-bg1ub.exe and follow the instructions on screen.
Please run setup-bg1ub.exe in your game folder to reinstall, uninstall or otherwise change components.
Mac OS X
If the mod was previously installed, uninstall it before extracting the new version. BG1UB is packaged and installed with WeiDU. To install, extract the mod archive, then copy of the contents of the folder "OSX-bg1ub-v14" into your game folder (the folder which contains the chitin.key file). If properly extracted, you should have a "bg1ub" folder, setup-bg1ub, and setup-bg1ub.command in your game folder. To install, simply double-click setup-bg1ub.command and follow the instructions on screen.
Please run setup-bg1ub.command in your game folder to reinstall, uninstall or otherwise change components.
Listed below is an explanation of some of the mod's components:
0. Ice Island Level Two Restoration: Developed by devSin, this component restores the second level of the Ice Island from the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion. In the original release, some of the files for this area were damaged and summarily cut from the original game.
1. The Mysterious Vial: One of the biggest "unsolved mysteries" from the original game involves the "mysterious vial" that you find in the Nashkel Mines. SimDing0 has rectified this, and now we can finally tie up this notorious loose end.
2. Additional Elminster Encounter: In the original game, a bug prevented an additional encounter with Elminster from occurring. Thanks to SimDing0, however, this should no longer be the case, so expect to meet the famous wizard once more outside of the Friendly Arm Inn.
3. Angelo Notices Shar-teel: Donated by Ascension64, this component originally appeared in the BGT Tweak Pack. From the BGT Tweak Pack readme: "Father and daughter relationship saves the day when the party is captured by the Flaming Fist."
4. Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest: Donated by Ascension64, this component originally appeared in the BGT Tweak Pack. From the BGT Tweak Pack readme: "Finding the son of Duke Entar Silvershield is not a futile wander unless the player waits too long..."
5. Coran and the Wyverns: A bug in Coran's original scripting and dialogue caused him to introduce himself over and over again if the player refused his quest. Thanks to this fix by Idobek, Coran should finally recognize that he had already introduced himself. Additionally, the wyverns that Coran want dead have been made unique, preventing the player from killing any wyvern to complete his quest.
6. Kivan and Tazok: Tazok murdered Kivan's lover, Deheriana, and yet Kivan has nothing to say to Tazok when the party initially meets him in the Bandit Camp. The mourning lover will be silent no more.
7. Branwen and Tranzig: Tranzig was the man responsible for turning Branwen into a decorative statue at the Nashkel Carnival, and yet she said nothing to him in the original game. After installing this component, the exotic priestess will not be so forgiving.
8. Safana the Flirt: Donated by Dudley, this component originally appeared in the Dudleyville Tweaks package: "Have you ever wondered why Safana, who chats up the men in your party, and is generally a bit of a babe, has Charm Animal as her innate ability? Well now she has "Flirt" instead, which isn't as reliable as magic but when it does work those who fall for her charms will be very forthcoming."
9. Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward: Different versions of the game and Baldurdash all affected this sequence in the game differently. The original release of the game gave the player a Horn Coral gem. Baldurdash changed it to a bandit scalp. TOTSC broke the dialogue completely. This component should hopefully standardize the reward across the various versions of the game.
10. Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: On the player's first trip to the city of Baldur's Gate, Entar Silvershield was not in his home, though his murder had not yet occurred. This component, coded by SimDing0, restores him during this timeframe, using dialogue from the original game release that was never implemented.
11. Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: One of the quests given to you by Scar is to investigate the disappearance of people from the city of Baldur's Gate. Included among the missing is the daughter of the Sashenstars. This component will expand upon the quest a bit, allowing you to bring a bit more closure for the family. Special thanks to SixOfSpades for this component's concept.
12. Quoningar, the Cleric: Quoningar is one of several minor characters that were cut prior to the game's initial release. Thanks to devSin, CHARNAME can now help out this old cleric.
13. Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: Like Quoningar, Shilo Chen never appeared in the original game, but this component will now allow you to help him with his problem.
14. Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: Edie, another cut encounter, is trying to get accepted into the Merchant League. Will CHARNAME be able to help her pass her entrance exam?
15. Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements: The road to Beregost is dangerous these days, so why would a Flaming Fist Mercenary be guarding it alone? Thanks to devSin, this oversight from the original game is now solved.
16. Creature Corrections: This component contains numerous small edits to many of the game's creature files. Edits include alignment, gender, script, dialogue, death variable, class, and inventory corrections; providing weapons to unarmed creatures; and adds scalps to more bandits.
17. Creature Restorations: There are many minor NPCs that were not included in the game's original release, and this component restores many of them. Most are generic "scenery" NPCs, but a few will provide important information.
18. Creature Name Restorations: By digging through various game files, many NPCs can now be given specific names, rather than, for example, "Noblewoman".
19. Minor Dialogue Restorations: There are many small pieces of dialogue that never made it to the game's final release, but that is no longer the case due to this component. Also included are reward fixes, Dudley's Hobgoblin Fix (modified to work better) and Ike's Reaction-Based Costs, and modification of dialogues in Chapter 7 that is sensitive to the order in which you perform the quests.
20. Audio Restorations: Due to some coding bugs, several creature soundsets did not function properly--or at all. devSin has graciously corrected this problem, however, and now Ajantis, Garrick, Xan, Delsvirftanyon, and several other NPCs can be fully heard.
21. Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: To put it bluntly, stores, taverns, and inns in the original game are a mess. This component restores a few unused stores, assigns the correct bartenders, adds more specific names to the establishments, and fixes an oversight at the Ulgoth's Beard store.
22. Item Corrections and Restorations: Like the Creature Corrections component, this component contains many fixes and restorations. Several items that were unavailable in the original game have now been added to strategic locations, item-related bugs have been fixed, stores have received new inventory, and item graphics which were previously unused have been restored.
23. Area Corrections and Restorations: This is a rather small component, but installing it will introduce the Halfling Enforcers, alter the Firedrake trap in Durlag's Tower, and fix the game crashing bug for AR0717 (courtesy of Idobek).
24. Permanent Corpses: A few encounters in the game, such as the Ogre Mage in the Cloakwood Mines, involved corpses, but because of a coding issue, these corpses would disappear prematurely. Installing this component will make some of the more important corpses in the game permanent.
25. Elven Charm & Sleep Racial Resistance: TOTSC/TOS ONLY. Courtesy of CamDawg, this component restores the natural resistance that Elves and Half-Elves should have toward charm and sleep spells. Elves gain 90% resistance and Half-Elves 30%.
26. The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections: TOS ONLY. The Original Saga, the re-release of the original Baldur's Gate that included the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion, had an error regarding in-game music, which this component should correct. Quote Dudley: "A couple of respondents have noted that the 3CD Original Saga contains duplicate MUS files in certain instances. It is believed all MUS files should be unique."
27. Sarevok's Diary Corrections: SixOfSpades has spent a lot of time overhauling Sarevok's Diary and a few related documents so that the dates make a bit more sense, and this component is the result of his effort. It will also correct some of the inconsistency regarding Sarevok's last name (Anchev vs. Costak).
28. Prism and the Emeralds Tweak: This new component was provided by plainab. Features are: it fixes the exploit of being able to turn in Prism's emeralds one at a time by making them unique items; it provides new options to obtain the emeralds; it provides split rewards if the player is only able to obtain one of the emeralds; it puts the emeralds in the sculpture's eyes if Prism finished it.
29. Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: This new component was provided by Balquo and jastey. Duke Eltan has so far unused dialogue states for thanking the PC after bringing him to the Harbor Master, so this component makes sure he appears after being brought there so he can actually say them. This component is compatible with the BG1RE component "Duke Eltan's Spare Minute".
30. Nim Furlwing Encounter: This new component was provided by AstroBryGuy. In the Wood of Sharp Teeth, a elven hunter and her hounds need your help. Can you save them before it's too late?
31. Restored Elfsong Tavern Movie: This new component was provided by Sams and AstroBryGuy. This component restores an unfinished movie that was to be played upon entering the Elfsong Tavern. This component is or BG/BGT/Tutu installs only. BGEE users should check out Sams' BG:EE Classic Movies mod.
32. Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: This new component was provided by AstroBryGuy. An ex-paladin by the name of Svlast is being hunted in the night near the Firewine Ruins. Can you help him?
33. Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: This new component was provided by AstroBryGuy. The spirit of Mal-Kalen haunts the depths of the Ulcaster Ruins.
34. Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: This new component was provided by AstroBryGuy. Did you ever want to have a little chat with Tethtoril in Candlekeep Library? Did it ever bug you that the Gatewarden was waiting for you on the 6th floor, no matter how fast you go there after talking to Koveras? This component changes that. Now, you can visit Tethtoril, have a little chat, and then stumble into Koveras' clever scheme. Many thanks to Salk for suggestions for this component.
We are striving to make BG1 Unfinished Business compatible with as many other mods as possible. Some BG1 Unfinished Business components contain checks for BG1 NPC Project and Northern Tales of the Sword Coast to prevent mod conflicts. Currently there are no other known incompatibilities with Tutu or BGT mods.
Q: What do I need to use this mod?
A: This version of BG1 Unfinished Business will require BG1, BG1Tutu or Baldur's Gate Trilogy.
Q: Where did you find the information on these cut quests?
A: Most of our information came from from delving deep in the dialogue and script files for the game. There are many remnants of creatures and conversations that hint at things that were planned, but never implemented.
Q: Why did you decide to develop this mod?
A: The inspiration behind this mod's development springs from my borderline obsessive-compulsive desire for things to be complete. After the success of the Unfinished Business mod for Baldur's Gate II, making the equivalent for the initial game in the Baldur's Gate series seemed like a logical next step.
Q: Who is behind Unfinished Business's development?
A: The mod was started by myself, Erik Manning (a.k.a. icelus). After I publicly announced my desire to begin the mod, help came flooding in from people like SimDing0, devSin, SixOfSpades, and many others. This mod, like its BG2 predecessor, is truly a community effort.
Q: What items have been restored with this mod?
A: There were actually less than we initially believed, but as of the current release, the restored items are as follows:
- BOLT OF POLYMORPHING
- CLUB +1, +3 VS. UNNATURAL CREATURES ("THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM")
- DUSTY BOOK
- HEAVY CROSSBOW +1
- HELMET OF CHARM PROTECTION
- HENTOLD'S DAGGER
- HISTORY OF WATERDEEP
- SCIMITAR +1
- SCROLL OF ANIMATE DEAD
- SCROLL OF CHAMPION'S STRENGTH
- SCROLL OF CHAOTIC COMMANDS
- SCROLL OF CONE OF COLD
- SCROLL OF CURE CRITICAL WOUNDS
- SCROLL OF FLAME STRIKE
- SCROLL OF POLYMORPH OTHER
- SCROLL OF RAISE DEAD
- SCROLL OF SHADOW DOOR
- SPEAR +3, BACKBITER
- STUDDED LEATHER ARMOR +2: MISSILE ATTRACTION
Q: Will there be spoilers in this section soon?
A: Of course!
Q: Where can I find the Restored Items?
A: We tried to place the items in places that made at least a little sense. None of them should be too difficult to find. Nevertheless, here is the list:
- BOLT OF POLYMORPHING - Ulgoth's Beard Store and Inn, Erdane, Sorcerous Sundries
- BRACERS - AR3300 "Beregost": Container 1, Kivan, Coran, Friendly Arm Inn, Candlekeep Inn, Jovial Juggler, General Store, Nashkel Store, Thunderhammer Smithy
- CLUB +1, +3 VS. UNNATURAL CREATURES ("The Root of the Problem") - AR1602 "Druid Tree": Amarande, the Arch Druid (BGEE: Corsone in Larswood AR2900)
- DUSTY BOOK - AR0512 "Durlag's Tower": Containers 18 and 26
- HEAVY CROSSBOW +1 - Friendly Arm Inn
- HELMET OF CHARM PROTECTION - Feldepost's Inn
- HENTOLD'S DAGGER - AR5000: Hentold
- HISTORY OF WATERDEEP - AR2608 "Candlekeep Library": Container 10
- NECKLACE - Random Treasure Table
- RING - Random Treasure Table
- SCIMITAR +1 - AR5300: Sendai Argrim
- SCROLL OF ANIMATE DEAD - Ulgoth's Beard Store and Inn
- SCROLL OF CHAMPION'S STRENGTH - Temple of Helm
- SCROLL OF CHAOTIC COMMANDS - Lady's Hall, Temple of Wisdom
- SCROLL OF CONE OF COLD - Random Scroll Table
- SCROLL OF CURE CRITICAL WOUNDS - Temple of Wisdom, Song of the Morning
- SCROLL OF FLAME STRIKE - AR0506 "Durlag's Tower": Bishop, AR5000: Lamalha, The Watchful Shield, Ulgoth's Beard Store and Inn
- SCROLL OF POLYMORPH OTHER - Ulgoth's Beard Store and Inn
- SCROLL OF RAISE DEAD - Hight Hall of Wonders, Oghma Temple, Song of the Morning, Temple of Helm, Ulgoth's Beard Store and Inn
- SCROLL OF SHADOW DOOR - Ulgoth's Beard Store and Inn
- SPEAR +3, BACKBITER - AR5201 "Firewine Ruins": Undead Knight
- STUDDED LEATHER ARMOR +2: MISSILE ATTRACTION - Lucky Aello's
BG1 Unfinished Business is copyright © 2006 by Erik Manning (aka icelus)
BALDUR'S GATE, BALDUR'S GATE: TALES OF THE SWORD COAST, BALDUR'S GATE: THE ORIGINAL SAGA © 1998, 1999 BioWare Corp. All Rights Reserved.
REDISTRIBUTION NOTE: BG1 Unfinished Business was created to be freely enjoyed by all Baldur's Gate gamers. BG1 Unfinished Business, however, may not be sold, published, compiled or redistributed in any form without the consent of its authors.
BG1 Unfinished Business is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. Not approved/endorsed by Wizards of the Coast, Bioware, Interplay/Black Isle, or Beamdog. Portions of the materials used are property of Wizards of the Coast, Bioware, Interplay/Black Isle, or Beamdog. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC, Bioware/EA, Interplay/Black Isle, Beamdog.
Many people are to be thanked for their support of this mod.
First and foremost, we'd like to thank BioWare and Black Isle for supplying us with such an enjoyable PC game. We would also like to thank the Infinity Engine community as a whole for their ongoing dedication and support of the Baldur's Gate series.
On a more personal level, we would like to thank the following individuals for their assistance with this mod:
- The conversion of the mod from BG1 to Tutu and BGT was performed by Ascension64.
- A huge thanks goes out to devSin, SimDing0, and SixOfSpades for helping with much of the coding and content for the mod. Without you guys, the mod would likely still be vaporware.
- Special thanks goes out to Ascension64, Dudley, Idobek, CamDawg, and Macready for their lending us the use of their various components.
- SixOfSpades, Echon, Idobek, Andyr, Salk, NiGHTMARE, Bex, Hendryk, Caedwyr, Ghreyfain, Marauder, Finellach, Demonious, Drew, amazinggameguru, and many others for providing invaluable input
- CamDawg, SimDing0, devSin, Andyr, and Idobek for their patience and assistance with our technical problems
- Immortality of ClanDLAN and IronFistedGiant for the Spanish and French translations, respectively
- Westley Weimer, TheBigg, the DragonLance TC team, Jon Olav Hauglid, and Dmitry Jemerov for the invaluable tools they have developed for the modding community
- Salk, Aran, LoneRogue, and ElfBane for their help in beta testing
- Jason Compton and the Pocket Plane Group for hosting the mod and providing us with a development and support forum
Below are links to community-related sites:
- http://www.baldurdash.org/ - Baldurdash
- http://www.pocketplane.net/ - The Pocket Plane Group modding community
- http://www.gibberlings3.net/ - The Gibberlings Three modding community
- http://modlist.pocketplane.net - Infinity Engine Modlist
- http://forums.bioware.com/ - BioWare Forums
- http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~joh/ni/ - Near Infinity
- http://www.weidu.org/ - WeiDU
- http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=11045 - DLTCEP
- http://infexp.sourceforge.net/ - Infinity Explorer
- Version BETA1 (8 April, 2006) - Initial BETA Release
- Version BETA2 (29 April, 2006) - Second BETA Release
- Version 1 (7 May, 2006) - Initial Public Release
- NEW ADDITIONS
- Initial public release of the mod
- Components include: Ice Island Level Two Restoration, The Mysterious Vial, Additional Elminster Encounter, Angelo Notices Shar-teel, Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest, Coran and the Wyverns, Kivan and Tazok, Branwen and Tranzig, Safana the Flirt, Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward, Place Entar Silvershield in His Home, Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter, Quoningar, the Cleric, Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi, Edie, the Merchant League Applicant, Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements, Creature Corrections, Creature Restorations, Creature Name Restorations, Minor Dialogue Restorations, Audio Restorations, Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations, Item Corrections and Restorations, Area Corrections and Restorations, Permanent Corpses, Elven Charm & Sleep Racial Immunity, The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections, Sarevok's Diary Corrections
- Version 2 (14 May, 2006)
- Fixed a typo in the journal entry for Quoningar's quest ('bring'-->'bringing')
- Error with fixing STO1115 in the Store, Tavern, and Inn Corrections component (copy command did not include .sto extension)
- Transferred changes to other TotSC creature dialog files to the u!totscminor.d so that non-TotSC installs won't fail
- Fixed a coding error that would cause Dezkiel to spawn twice on the Ice Island
- Corrected various readme typos
- Version 3 (29 May, 2006)
- NEW ADDITIONS
- Spanish translation (Thanks, Immortality!)
- French translation (Thanks, IronFistedGiant!)
- Added a girdle to Ajantis and Kagain
- Gave Marl a crushing damage item instead of a short sword
- Tweaked the coding of the body placements in the Scar component
- Removed the girdle and bracers from Erdane's store and Ulgoth's Beard
- Removed Aldeth's "blur" ring
- Changed Scar's dialog so that he takes the ring before he takes the body or sends the party back to fetch the body
- Fixed a typo in Sarevok's diary: "had"-->"has"
- Fixed a typo in Vial quest: "Nashkell"-->"Nashkel"
- Fixed typo on Scar's quest: "Sashenstar's" --> "Sashenstars'"
- Fixed a bug where Arkion wouldn't take the female body from the party's inventory
- Version 4 (Dawn of the Ding0)
- NEW ADDITIONS
- Item Corrections and Restorations now restore numerous unused item graphics
- Edited Arkion's dialog so he recognizes the noble's body
- Assigned the Halfling Enforcers a script allowing them to initiate dialogue
- Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise no longer show up in Tazok's tent
- Drastically reduced the availability of Bolts of Polymorphing
- Reduced the availability of restored high-level scrolls
- Racial immunities no longer crash the game in some situations
- The Scar component should now install correctly
- Safana's Flirt ability is no longer erroneously assigned to rangers
- Resolved issue which would prevent Avarice from reappearing correctly
- Fixed a bug involving Alvahendar's store in Gullykin
- Fixed wrong gold amount given in Edie quest
- Removed Corianna's script to initiate dialogue which could prevent the game from being saved while in the area
- Bunsen's dialogue responses are no longer duplicated
- Version 5 (Ascension64 Dabbles)
- NEW ADDITIONS
- Added Italian translation (by Andrea Colombo)
- Sarevok's Diary Corrections now contains amended dates for the diary contents only
- Corrected addition of Cone of Cold scroll drop to the random scroll treasure table
- Corrected adjustment of WOLFWE class from werewolf to wolfwere
- Fixed installation issues on BG1 without TotSC
- Fixed bird scripts
- Ghost Knight rare selection sounds of a shrieking Eagle no longer 'restored'
- The Root of the Problem now works correctly
- Updated Finishable Kagain Quest
- INSTALLATION CHANGES
- Added placeholders for installation of all components
- Added ToTSC check for Elven Charm & Sleep Racial Resistance
- Removed redundant and erroneous \t regexps
- Revised coding of Appropriate Albert/Rufie Reward
- Reworked coding of "Minor Dialogue Restorations" component
- Version 6 (Return of the Ding0)
- Baresh no longer erroneously transforms into Kaishas Gan
- Further corrected Root of the Problem
- Failed stealing from the Jovial Juggler now turns the bartender hostile
- Version 7 (The Saga Coalesces)
- NEW ADDITIONS
- Added German translation (by Timothy)
- Updated Castilian translation (by Immortality - www.clandlan.net)
- Updated French translation (by Isaya and ForeverDream)
- Minor Dialogue Restorations now features major consistency improvements to Chapter 7 dialogue
- Now a combined BG1, Tutu, BGT installer
- Corrected Cultist death variables
- Fixed Hobgoblin (HOBGO5) with no set dialogue
- Hobgoblin (HOBGO5) doesn't escape area if you provoke a fight, and no longer uses INITDLG to start dialogue
- Fixed REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT in stores (ubstores.d)
- Recoded Finishable Kagain Caravan quest component
- Fixed WEIGHTs for ubscar.
- Fixed bug where Arkion would not take a body after it was delivered
- Fixed FAI Serving Wench not spawning correctly
- 'Nixed' Aldeth's ring of blur
- Nobleman (NOBL9) now has 2 gold to give to the player
- Edie now has 50 gold to reward the player
- Fixed patching of Baresh
- Made Coran's wyverns unique
- Robe of Electrical Resistance (CLCK11) now correctly gives electricity resistance
- Potion of Freedom (POTN45) now gives immunity to hold creature but not charm creature (ineffectual in BGT and Tutu)
- Corrected misleading readme description of Coran and the Wyverns component
- Blink Dog (DOGBLINK) now has a real bite
- Version 8 (It)
- NEW ADDITIONS
- Added German translation (by Timothy)
- Fixed Blink Dog
- Fixed installation on vanilla BG1
- Fixed non-translated dialogue for Kagain
- CamDawg's Inventory Checker changes don't replace items added by other modifications
- Version 9 (Damage Control)
- Fixed typo that could cause problems installing Scar and the Sashenstar's daughter on modded installations
- Version 10
- Added Russian translation (aerie.ru, Darktech)
- Revised Italian translation (Stone Angel, ilot)
- Version 11
- Angelo now properly kills some player, not just Player2, so that Player2 already being dead does not result in no death
- Fixed a problem with the party not being transferred to jail in Angelo notices Shar-Teel component
- Fixed a stutter bug for Coran in the specific scenario that: (i) the player has killed the specific wyverns for the quest, (ii) Coran's timer runs out , and (iii) the player has not yet killed any standard non-specific wyverns yet
- Placeholder file is now 1 byte to allow detection by FILE_EXISTS_*
- Updated compatibility checks for BG1NPC components to be in line with v18
- Version 12
- Added Polish translation (Barek)
- Revised German translation (Leomar)
- Updated to WeiDU v215
- Version 13
- Imoen portrait patching now checks whether another portrait was assigned
- Assigns the SIL script as General script instead of Class script (component "Creature Corrections") to ensure compatibility with "The Lure of the Sirine's Call"
- Shilo Chen Ogre spawn fixed (Tutu version)
- Corrected the tp2 so that the Tanar'ri sound fix checks for the right game (BG and BGT versions).
- Component "Item Corrections and Restorations": Corrected sound reference for Bolt of Lightning
- Added check for Dudley Fix to prevent the wife in Beregost (house next to Jovial Juggler, AR3327) giving two rings if charmed.
- For the component "Elven Charm & Sleep Racial Resistance" added check to prevent installation if already installed via BGII fixpack.
- Scar quest extention more extended (component "Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter"), by jastey: making the ring a unique item, add more reply options that enable to restart the Scar quests if denied at the bridge, added reply options where missing to be able to return to the quests if not finished. Includes fixes of quest rewards. New lines translated by: Salk (Italian), Isaya (French), Ancalagon el Negro (Spanish), Bartek (Polish), prowler (Russian), jastey (German).
- Corrected readme (new Polish translation was wrongly announced as Russian translation); mixed up family name for component L (Silvershield instead of Sashenstar)
- Files "ppglogofinal.ico" and "bg1ubplaceholder" moved from the backup-folder into the general bg1ub folder
- Spanish translation completed and proof-read (by Ancalagon el Negro)
- Ajantis sound fix German version: written lines corrected to the spoken ones of the sound files.
- Journal entry corrections (by Jarl): sorting to SOLVED / UNSOLVED and adding title headers. For the components "Edie, the Merchant League Applicant", "Quoningar, the Cleric", "Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi", "The Mysterious Vial" (BGT and Tutu versions). New lines translated by: Salk (Italian), Isaya (French), Ancalagon el Negro (Spanish), Promilus (Polish), arcanecoast.ru team (Russian), jastey (German).
- Changes to the audio restorations of the core changes: Inclusion of audio files into the main mod (no separate download for other languages). For BGT, they will not be installed (all files already imported to BGT). For Tutu they were reduced to the audio files not present in BGII.
- "Corianna, the Petrified Ranger": Reward unified to 100 XP and a potion of mirrored eyes (Creature restorations)
- Revised Russian translation (arcanecoast.ru team). Sound references in "extra_tmp.tra" are unified (formerly missing the Tutu-recognition)
- Updated to WeiDU v231
- Version 13.1
- "Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter": corrected the OUTER_SPRINT to %tutu_scriptbg%MISC79.ITM. Now the correct file BGMISC79 for the body is used instead of a replica of "Raissa's skin" (MISC79) (BGT).
- Made the expanded Winter Wolf Pelt's description visible (by Hurricane).
- Fix of Store fixes, provided by Miloch
- Fixes to Fix of Store fixes for BGT and Tutu, provided by Hurricane. New lines provided by Hurricane (English, German), Cahir (Polish), Silent (Russian), jastey (Italian, French, Spanish, extracted from BG:EE)
- Improved German translation by Hurricane: Corrected all German sound reference strings to match the audio. Corrected all German tra files, revised some translations.
- Correction of the weight in the expanded Wyvern Head's description (all languages) (by Hurricane).
- BGT: Installation of The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections is skipped completely (BGT already covers this).
- Finishing of the audio restorations of the core changes: Polish audio files provided by Promilus. German audio files tuned down to BGII-sound level by Hurricane.
- New Component: Prism and the Emeralds Tweak, by plainab. New lines translated by: Salk (Italian), Cahir (Polish), Isaya (French), Silent (Russian), jastey (German, proofreading by Hurricane), Immortality/ClanDLAN (Spanish)
- New Component: Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building, by Balquo and jastey. New line translated by: Cahir (Polish), Isaya (French), jastey (German, English), Salk (Italian), Immortality/ClanDLAN (Spanish)
- Edited Russian translation by aerie.ru & Darktech (now maintained by arcanecoast.ru team)
- Update to WeiDU v236
- Version 13.2
- BG-version: "Minor Dialogue Restorations" Compatibility with Dudleyfixes: Several charmed dialogues fixed so gifts are not doubled
- BG: item creation via script did not work because of the spaces in the container names - fixed.
- BGT-version: "Minor Dialog Restoration" several charmed dialogue restorations tweaked so gifts are no longer given doubled
- BG/BGT/Tutu: "Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward" Albert now will give a horn coral gem as a reward. Also tweaked the component so that Albert only gives one reward for BGT and BG with Baldurdash.
- BG: corrected lib entry, to enable correct journal entries in Prologue
- BG: overwrites in-game scroll Raise Dead (SCRL63.itm), so now it works (Please note: works only at the place of the NPC's death. The NPC will be created next to the PC (also, if the PC is further away. I did not test what happens if the PC is in a different area, but I guess this will lead to problems. Important: The scroll is only applicable for the same game. You cannot save and reload! Inside the same game, leavng and re-entering the area of the death site seems to be no problem.)
- BGT/Tutu: "Prism": Journal entried of Prism quest should now be correctly erased after turning the gems in. (Changed the custom tphs for the Prism component: giving the OUTER_SPRINT variables unique names to prevent mixup with the ones from the lib, although that was not necessary, and changed the REPLACE method to replacing high numbers with string references in the tp2 because REPLACE_TRANS_ACTION does not evaluate tra-references, which did the trick. Also, the folder structure and the place of INCLUDE for the Prism tpas was changed slightly.
- Polish: for BG1, the correct text format is applied - by Zed Nocear
- Prism and the Emeralds Tweak: Added fix to make install order for bg1ub and BG1NPC Project / Gavin no longer a problem (Added a REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT for the whole Oublek.dlg and Prism.dlg to account for new states introduced by NPC mods doing I_C_T with passback line (namely BG1NPC Project and Gavin))
- Version 14 (BGEE Compatibility)
- General Updates for BGEE Compatibility: Replace FILE_EXISTS checks to GAME_IS checks where appropriate. Add BGEE variables to getcpmvara/getcpmvarp calls.
- Update to WeiDU v237, Windows and OS X binaries
- Added UTF-8 support for BGEE via HANDLE_CHARSETS - Add iconv Windows binary for character set conversion. Redefine %LANGUAGE% variables to NOT include the tra directory, e.g., "english" instead of "tra/english". Changing %LANGUAGE% variables to lowercase to allow character set to be inferred.
- Updating OSX sox binary to v14.4.0 (Intel CPU).
- Updating lib files for BGEE compatibility - Adding g3_bgee_cpmvars.tpa. Updating rr_tutubgt_addvars.tpa for BGEE, rename rr_tutubgtbgee_addvars.tpa
- TRA File Updates: Moving game content that uses Windows encoding to a separate file, bg1ub.tra. Setup.tra now only contains install text. This is done so that setup.tra can be excluded from UTF-8 conversion by HANDLE_CHARSETS.
- Ice Island - Moving "tis" subdirectory to "tiz" to work with WeiDU function HANDLE_TILESETS. Moving tisunpack binaries to win32 and osx subdirectories of tiz. Also, renaming ar1010.tiz to ub1010.tiz for unpacking, since it will now unpack to the override directory. Changes to .tp2 file will rename ub1010.tis to the appropriate name after unpacking. BGEE has copies of AR1010 .wed and .bmp files, don't copy these files for BGEE.
- Blocking the following components from installing on BGEE:
- Additional Elminster Encounter
- Angelo Notices Shar-teel
- Safana the Flirt
- Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward
- Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements
- Audio Restorations
- Area Corrections and Restorations
- Permanent Corpses
- Elven Charm & Sleep Racial Resistance
- The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections
- Sarevok's Diary Corrections
- Kivan & Tazok - Change KIVANJ reference in ubkivan.d to %KIVAN_JOINED% for compatibility.
- BGEE: Creature Restorations - Created BGEE version of ubcorian.cre.
- Kagain's Caravan - Update DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF to DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH. BGEE compatibility updates. Kagain's quest journal entry was not being removed in BGEE. Copied file bgKAGAIJ.d to bgeeKAGAIJ.d and added a block to remove journal entry.
- BGEE: Coran & Wyverns - Skip IKCoranWyvernFix for BGEE (already included as DXCoran)
- BGEE: Place Entar Silvershield in His Home - Add BGEE variable for AR0101 to getcpmvara call
- BGEE: Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter - Skip ubscar_fixes.d - not needed for BGEE
- BGEE: Quoningar, the Cleric - ADD_JOURNAL command to add quest journal entries for BGEE. Created BGEE version ubquon.cre.
- Shilo Chen and the Ogre Magi - Shilo Chen says the Ogre Magi are in the southwest corner of the Wood of Sharp Teeth. However, the Ogre Magi are found on the Bandit Camp map, which is at the north end of the Wood. Moving them to Larswood, which is the southwest part of the Wood. (BGEE) ADD_JOURNAL to add quest journal entries for BGEE. Created BGEE version of ubglove1.itm.
- BGEE: Edie, the Merchant League Applicant - ADD_JOURNAL for quest journal entries in BGEE.
- BGEE: Creature Corrections - Replace DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF and DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D blocks with DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH blocks. Skip fixes due to CamDawg's Inventory Checker - already included in BGEE.
- BGEE: Creature Name Corrections - Skip Beresh fixes - already in BGEE.
- Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations - Add comments to indicate sections of component. Move ubba0133.dlg creation into Bartender Fixes section. Move Maltz' Weapon Shop and Unused General Store fixes into "Inn, Tavern, Store name restorations" section. (BGEE only) Block sections already implemented in BGEE. Add BGEE version of ubstores.d.
- Item Corrections and Restorations - Add BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES to item edit blocks. Updating item charges for ADD_STORE_ITEM: #1 #0 #0 for scrolls and bolts of polymorph, #0 #0 #0 for armor, helms, belts, bracers, etc.. (BGEE Only) Give Corsone "The Root of the Problem" since Amarande already has Mighty Oak +2 in BGEE. Updated Bala's Axe description for BGEE.
- Audio Restorations: Moving .ogg files out of "tra" directory and into new "audio" directory. Update audio handling to built-in WeiDU function HANDLE_AUDIO.
- Prism and the Emeralds - Add BGEE variable declaration: rr_bgee_addvars.tpa. ADD_JOURNAL for quest journal entries on BGEE. Move dialog to UBPRISM.D.
- Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building - BGEE compatibility updates.
- Fix for TazokSays script blocks in AR2400.BCS and AR2900.BCS in BGEE.
- Incorporating %FACE% variables to all CreateCreature strings for compatibility with BG1 (without TotSC).
- Adding new component for BG1UB v14: Restore Nim Furlwing Encounter. Note: .tra files are temporarily updated with English text until translations can be provided.
- Adding new component for BG1UB: Restored Elfsong Tavern movie. Thanks to Sams for the UBTAVERN.MVE file with soundtrack. Note: This component is only for BG1, Tutu, and BGT. BGEE users who want this movie should install Sams' BG:EE Classic Movies mod.
- Adding new component for BG1UB: Svlast, the Fallen Paladin.
- Adding new component for BG1UB: Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost.
- Restoring cut dialog for Unshey regarding Girdle of Gender Bending (Minor Dialogs Component).
- Fixes for Lahl's dialog: TotSC, BGT, Tutu ONLY: Lahl's dialogs are random, rework the dialogs into a tree (already fixed in BGEE) - added to Minor Dialogs Component.
- Updates to Ice Island Level 2: Give Dezkiel some additional defenses, including Snow Golems.
- Fix for duplicated actions in OUBLEK.D - Prism and the Emeralds component
- Prevent Coran Wyvern Quest component from installing on BGEEv2/SoD.
- Updated Italian Translation - thanks Aedan!
- Added extra_tmp_ee.tra with BGEE Dialog.tlk strings
- Version 14.1
- Fixed bug on Tutu with Unshey's restored dialog
- Updated Italian Translation - thanks Aedan!
- Svlast, the Fallen Paladin: Made Svlast's items unidentified
- Updating BGT_VAR for EET Support
- Version 15
- NEW COMPONENT: Chapter 6 Dialog Restorations
- Mal-Kalen updates:
- Fear effect centered on caster
- Reduce spell damage resistance to 50%
- Updated German translations - thanks Clubboth!
- Moving ALWAYS section to .tpa file
- Moving Ice Island code block to .tpa file
- Adding NTotSC check for Svlast component
- Updating DV changes to write 32 bytes
- Removing change of DV for %tutu_var%NOBW4.cre
- Version 15.1
- Ch 6 Restorations: Updates to improve scripting and dialog options
- Shilo Chen: Updated item description for Gloves of Pick Pocketing in BGEE
- Updated Polish translations - Thanks Cahir!
- Version 15.2
- Updated French translations - Thanks Isaya!
- Updated Italian translations - Thanks Aedan!
- Version 16.0
- Block the following components from being installed on BGEE v2.5:
- The Mysterious Vial
- Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest
- Kivan and Tazok
- Branwen and Tranzig
- Place Entar Silvershield in His Home
- Prism and the Emeralds
- Moving code blocks for most components to external .tpa files
- Kivan & Tazok: Add dialogue for Kivan-Tazok recognition to more dialog states in TAZOK.DLG
- Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations:
- Adding BGT to Red Sheaf Inn rumor fix.
- Fixed Nashkel Inn name conflict with BGFixPack Game Text Update
- Update Elfsong Tavern to use TAV0705.STO
- Creature Corrections:
- Fix issue with DROTH CreateCreature() command on BG1 w/o TotSC
- Give Taurgosz Khosann FR-canon colors in BGEE v2.5
- Nim Furlwing Encounter: Fix issue with reward scroll
- Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: Fixed issue installing on BG1-TotSC
- Version 16.1
- Russian version completed by d0lphin.
- Component "Additional Elminster Encounter" will be skipped for BGT (encounter is already restored in BGT)
- Component "Coran and the Wyverns" will be skipped for BGT: Wyvern is already unique, and dialogue fix currently destroys Coran's greetings dialogue.
- "Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations": Watch on 6th floor should not constantly try to talk to the PC.
- Readme renamed to README.bg1ub.english.html.
- bg1ub.ini with mod info added.
- Version 16.2
- Re-eabled Coran and The Wyvern component for BGT
- Svlast will be at his place at all times of day.
- Moved NimFurlwing and her dogs further south to make the encounter compatible with Aurora Shoes and Boots which spawns a great horde of monsters where bg1ub placed the Furlwing encounter originally.
- Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: Watch on level 6 will now have same random dialogue as the watches on the other library levels (spawn watch9.cre instead of custom version of watch2).
- Version 16.3
- Update and correction of Russian translation by d0lphin.
- Version 16.4
- Changed syntax of Kivan's interjection with Tazok to make it more stable (I_C_T instead of I_C_T2).
- Spanish version updated and completed by OmegaZeroVIII.
- Corrected entry for "Beregost_House08_L2" in cpmvars.tpas.
- Readme updated.